Thread: 2007 excel question

2007 excel question

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hello to all,

First post here and I hope I explain my problem so you can help. My copy of Excel is 2007 and it is not working properly in this manner. During data validation I cannot pull cell numbers from another page it does not give me an error message it simply dings and will not allow me to go to another page for my source. I have had two people in my work place look at who have a good deal more experience than I and they are stymied as to what the problem is. Is there a way to restore original defaults? Have I simply hit a button wrong and can undo this situation? I have been here one year but have never been asked to do pull downs until a week or so ago. I am doing them with a copy and paste work around but boss now wants me to cascade a series of addresses linked to a personnel pull down menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

orvals
    Last edited by orvals; 2015-03-12 at 09:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2016
    I don't have 2007 anymore, so can't test... but can you simply enter the range (e.g. =Sheet2!$C$1:$C$12) ?

Or you can name the range(s) through Formulas tab, Define Name and then reference those names as your DV source.

Yes I can do it that way. But what I would really like is to be able to do is simply use the other sheets to get my range. I have over 600 menus to do and linking them by typing in all the symbols is not indicative of a good day for me.

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2016
    Like I said I don't have access to 2007 anymore, so I can't test to see if this is a version specific issue. I have 2013 and it works fine for me selecting a range from another sheet...

We will need to wait for someone with that version to help test it.
    Last edited by NBVC; 2015-03-13 at 12:52 PM. Reason: spelling

I spoke at length with my boss and he is going to try to have 2010 installed over the weekend. That should take care of the issue. thank you for your help.