Calandar - timesheet - Indexing hours

oddy73

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been working for a while on a timesheet and I need your help.
Thanks to many good willing people around the world (different excel forums), I have been able to solve a big part of the puzzle.

Context:
I have a list of projects and holidays. This list includes the date, type of holiday/sick and the amount of hours. Beside this list I have calendar of that month and with a very nice formula I am able to fill in the hours in the calendar.

My challenge:
My challenge comes when I include the projects to the calendar. Based on how much they work percent-wise on a project I calculated the hours per project (base on the available hours, left from the holidays) (F6-7-8).

What I need is a excel formula or a VBA code that spreads the three (or more) projects over the whole month. And important is here that it should do this randomly for each month. It is NOT important which project should come first. What important is that the calendar should present the working hours of person and how much holiday he/she took.

If I am not clear please let me know. I have attached an example calendar with data in the attachment.

Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

• Calendar_Index.xlsx
    20.2 KB · Views: 30
Random! Forget it. If the first row is random, that makes the second row not random. FIFO is easy, this is not.

Random! Forget it. If the first row is random, that makes the second row not random. FIFO is easy, this is not.

Hi Bob,

I am still looking a solution for my challange. I restructed my file and explained differently my question at this link. Perhaps this can make it clear.

Back