Need help with mind bending calculations taken from values in multiple places

excerbated123

Reaction score
I won't lie I was never too good at math. Kinda regret that now. I'm creating a project for work and need some serious help getting it done. If you're up for a challenge then read on:

So I have two sheets in the same work book. One is for writing up an estimate to give to the customer, the other is a supply form to order materials.

What I need done is for the cell on the supply form (Screenshot1) to add up the total quantity of each "Tear_Off" line item (Screenshot2). The hard part is, "Tear_Off", isn't going to always be in the same place for each estimate, so I need a formula that finds "Tear-Off" on the page then adds the quantity for each instance.

After I have that number, I then need the cell to multiply that value times the waste factor on the supply page, then divide that by the coverage per bundle (screenshot3), then divide that number by the bundles per square.

Finally, I need that number to be rounded up to the nearest bundle per square. In this instance it needs to be the next 3rd. For some shingles they come in 5 bundles per square, or 6, and so on. So I need it to be smart and figure that part out.

Any takers?

Work book attached

Attachments

• BetaSheet.xlsx
    77.9 KB · Views: 4
  • ex1.jpg
    ex1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 8
  • ex2.jpg
    ex2.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 8
  • ex3.jpg