Thread: Article: Print To PDF Using Microsoft's PDF/XPS Add-in

Articles
    Blog Entries

Article: Print To PDF Using Microsoft's PDF/XPS Add-in

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Ken Puls, FCPA, FCMA, MS MVP (Excel)

Master your data with Power Query: Purchase your copy of my book M is for Data Monkey today!

Main Site: http://www.excelguru.ca -||- Blog: http://www.excelguru.ca/blog -||- Forums: http://www.excelguru.ca/forums
    Check out the Excelguru Facebook Fan Page -||- Follow Me on Twitter

If you've been given VBA code (a macro) for your solution, but don't know where to put it, CLICK HERE.

Is is possible to specify "2 pages per sheet" as you can with a physical printer? The end result would be two (or more) worksheet charts on one PDF page.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Hi Garry,

I believe that the code will inherit the default page setup. So if you have your normal print jobs coming out that way, it should replicate it.

Hello Ken; I've been searching for a methodology to program a report output from excel into a PDF document and your code above works great. However, I have noticed 1 thing and then have a question on another as I'm stumped as to what to do for fixing one issue and figuring out how to print only the specific "pages" on a worksheet vs all the "pages" on a worksheet. Problem #1. After I ran you code and fixed the errors, my worksheet that I collect my data on is now locked and it seems I can't unlock it, yet there is no password protection on the worksheet, though it was protected. I go to design mode and my active x controls are not accessible, they've shrunk in size and moved to a location I would prefer they not be. I've not searched for a solution on that yet, but I thought I'd comment as perhaps you have seen this action before? The other part of my question is, in the PDF print/save process you provided, is there a way to only print the specific pages on a worksheet? I have an audit form that if I print the worksheet out to provide as report, I only want pages 1 thru 6 to print out. The other "6" pages are nothing but error checks to warn the user they've selected too many check boxes in a row or to allow the end user to know how many questions remain on their audit they are performing. I am trying to print just those 6 pages on the audit form and then a separate sheet that has a summary report. I've got the summary report to print along with the 12 Total pages on the audit worksheet. I'm struggling trying to figure out if I can reduce that to only the 7 pages I actually need. Hopefully you can point me in a direction I can go to get this resolved. Thanks in advance if you've got any suggestions. Best regards, Ted Herrmann