Thread: How do i quickly change a bunch of formulas that have links to other sheetsvin sequen

Question How do i quickly change a bunch of formulas that have links to other sheetsvin sequen

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

I have in tab"summary" in a1 aformula that says ='1'!$l$10
    then i have in a2 aformula that says ='2'!$l$10, in a3 ='3'!$l$10 and so on for 100 rows how can i change that quickly ? I have the same issue in column b c d e f.
    I already tried the find aand replce but even if it saves some time you still have to repeate it 100 rows.
    please help!
    thx
    silvia

Located near Abergavenny, South Wales, UK
    Articles
    What part of the formula are you trying to change?
    Give an example of the existing formula and the new formula for rows 2, 3 and 4 for columns a,b,c,d,e
    or better still, upload a copy of your workbook with a complete explanation of what you are trying to achieve.
    Regards

Roger Govier
    Microsoft Excel MVP
    http://www.technology4u.co.uk

I tried uploading the excel file but i had troubles maybe the server was not working or i did spmething wrong. Will try again

Articles
    Excel Version
    O365
    Try

=INDIRECT(ROW(A1)&"!I10")

and copy down

Roger I m ginna try again sending you my template file zipped
    Attached Files Attached Files

This works if u do not rename the sheets but this template is used by my sales people the have to rename the sheets with the name of the project they want to register. So the formula has to work also whenbthe sheets are renamed differently. You can check my zipped spreadsheet tha i posted. Any suggestions to overcome this issue?

Articles
    Excel Version
    O365
    Code:
    Public Sub AddFormulae()Dim ws As Worksheet
    Dim rowidx As Long

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
        Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual

With ActiveWorkbook

rowidx = 8
            For Each ws In .Worksheets

If IsError(Application.Match(ws.Name, Array("Instructions", " Name", "Misc. Projects", "Summary"), 0)) Then

rowidx = rowidx + 1
                    .Worksheets("Summary").Cells(rowidx, "B").Formula = "='" & ws.Name & "'!$C$11"
                    .Worksheets("Summary").Cells(rowidx, "C").Formula = "='" & ws.Name & "'!$C$12"
                    .Worksheets("Summary").Cells(rowidx, "D").Formula = "='" & ws.Name & "'!$K$39"
                    .Worksheets("Summary").Cells(rowidx, "E").Formula = "=IF($D" & rowidx & "=""Y"",'" & ws.Name & "'!$K$40,'" & ws.Name & "'!$C$39)"
                    .Worksheets("Summary").Cells(rowidx, "F").Formula = "='" & ws.Name & "'!$A$40"
                    .Worksheets("Summary").Cells(rowidx, "G").Formula = "='" & ws.Name & "'!$A$62"
                    .Worksheets("Summary").Cells(rowidx, "H").Formula = "='" & ws.Name & "'!$P$33"
                End If
            Next ws
        End With

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
        Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
    End Sub