Thread: Creating a list from check boxes

Creating a list from check boxes

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hello all,

I'd just like to say first that I am a novice at Excel. I've been working with it everyday though and I have improved a lot but am no where near Guru level.

I've spent a lot of time on this trying to figure out a way to make it work. What I'm trying to do is I have 17 check boxes for Cities that a person can choose. When they check these boxes I would like a list to be created in a new column without empty rows in between each city. I am able to get the check boxes to work but where the cities get listed in the column the cells are static and have blank cells in between them.

The way I have it right now is when you check one of the 17 check boxes it will make a cell between D1 - D17 show TRUE. Then cells E1 - E17 I have IF statements saying like, IF(D1=TRUE,"San Mateo","")

So if I go through and check boxes 1, 5, 8, and 16 I get a list that looks like,

San Mateo

Concord

South

Kirkland

Anyone have a way for me to remove the empty cells to get a list that shows,

San Mateo
    Concord
    South
    Kirkland

Thanks! Any help is much appreciated.

Use this array formula

=IFERROR(INDEX($D$1:$D$20,SMALL(IF($D$1:$D$20<>"",ROW($D$1:$D$20)),ROW(A1))),"")