Thread: excel incrementing answers

Question excel incrementing answers

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Good day.

I need help with the following please.

I have a lot of values in column j,k,l . like for instance.
    Column.......J .......K .......L .........M.........................N.....................O
    .................1 ...... 5 ......4
    .................8 ...... 7 ......3
    .................2....... 7.......8
    ............................................................................
    row 17.......2.........5......7
    row 18.......2.........5......7.......=min(J1:j20)...=min(K1:k20)...=min(L1:l20)
    row 19.......2.........5......7.......=max(J1:j20)...=max(K1:k20)...=max(L1:l20)
    row 20.......2.........5......7.......=AVE(J1:j20)...=AVE(K1:k20).....=AVE(L1:l20)
    row 21.......2.........5......7 .............................======> #1 of new set of 20 values ( at row 40 new Average)
    row 22

(etc)
    this goes on forever.

Now my problem is. I need to work out the Min Max and average value every 20'th data value in column J ,K,L, and I need the answer to appear in J-M K-N L-O underneath
    I wrote an =if equation but my data for min and max are skewed when I fill it through the rest of my data. !!!

I hope you understand.

Please help I will send you a picture of my data if needed.

Thank you
    Arnoux

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2016
    If I understood correctly, try this formula in M1:

=IF(MOD(ROWS(J$1:J1),20)=18,MIN(OFFSET(J1,-17,,20,1)),IF(MOD(ROWS(J$1:J1),20)=19,MAX(OFFSET(J1,-18,,20,1)),IF(MOD(ROWS(J$1:J1),20)=0,AVERAGE(OFFSET(J1,-19,,20,1)),"")))

copied across to O1 and then down the rows to the bottom of the dataset. Every 18th to 20th row will have results.

Cool

Hi NBVC. Thanks for the help.The function works perfectly. You are an absolute genius. Well done