Power Query: ORing two different criteria on same table

dbhuff

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to select rows from a table based on two different criteria and OR the results. So far, it seems the way to is do one query, then a second query and append the first. This seems awkward, and I was hoping there was a way to put both criteria into one query?

The old data functions in Excel you would just put each criteria in its own row and the result would be OR'd, anything similar in Power Query?

OK, partially figured it out. You can edit the formula for the Table.SelectRows criteria to OR in other criteria for selection. But I can't see how to do it through the UI, perhaps this is the only way. Kludgy since you have to keep track of parentheses, etc. PS, quick way to get additional criteria would be to use one selection criteria through the US, go back and edit the formula, copy the relevant terms to the clipboard, delete the filtered rows and add a new query step for the other criteria, then paste in the additional criteria with "or" inserted appropriately.

Back