Need help with what should be an easy formula!!

primestar

Reaction score
I searched online for help on this but no luck, I basically need a formula for the following scenario.....(the formula should be pretty easy, but unfortunately I'm not very good with formulas)

If "word x" is anywhere in column C, display a "Yes" next to "word x" in column B. I want to do this for a very long list of words. Pleae see attahced image. Any help on this is greatly appreciated!

excel formula.jpg

Just add

=IF(C2="word x","Yes","")

to B2 and copy down.

Hey Bob, unfortunately that formula wouldnt work (it's actually backwards, I think) and the words in column A differ greatly. I basically need it like this....

Search for "word 1" in ALL of column C, and if it appears anywhere in the column, display a "yes" next to it.
Search for "word 2" in ALL of column C, and if it appears anywhere in the column, display a "yes" next to it.
Search for "word 100" in ALL of column C, and if it appears anywhere in the column, display a "yes" next to it.

and so forth.

That will teach me, I didn't look at the picture thinking I understood from your words alone.

Try this instead in B2 and copy down

=IF(COUNTIF(C:C,"*"&A2&"*"),"Yes","")

Hi Primestar,
Pl check the attachment.

Attachments

• Test.xlsx
    9.6 KB · Views: 9
Hi sambit, if the "Keywords" in column A will always be the last words in the cells of the "Product" column try removing the last * like so:

=IF(COUNTIF(C:C,"*"&A3),"Yes","no")

Thanks Beamer.

Back