Updating cells on to a diferent tab

ledis

Reaction score
Hi, i would like to know how to Update some cells using data from another sheet on the same excel file.

I have made an example xls and attached it.

Basically each User 1(row) will have columns with the number of the days in a month.
When u assign the value "OK" i a cell that is in the column [example, day 21] then the column named User 1(on the other sheet)
will get the value "21" in its corresponding cell.

I think you are View attachment TEST.xlsxgoing to need to see the file attached :)

In A2, enter formula:

=INDEX('INPUT SHEET'!$B$1:$AF$1,SMALL(IF(INDEX('INPUT SHEET'!$B$2:$AF$3,MATCH(A$1,'INPUT SHEET'!$A$2:$A$3,0),0)="OK",COLUMN('INPUT SHEET'!$B$2:$AF$3)-MIN(COLUMN('INPUT SHEET'!$B$2:$AF$3))+1),ROWS(A$2:A2)))

confirmed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER not just ENTER, then copy down and to next column. Format the results as General or Number.

If you really want to show as date in January, then try:

=DATE(2015,1,INDEX('INPUT SHEET'!$B$1:$AF$1,SMALL(IF(INDEX('INPUT SHEET'!$B$2:$AF$3,MATCH(A$1,'INPUT SHEET'!$A$2:$A$3,0),0)="OK",COLUMN('INPUT SHEET'!$B$2:$AF$3)-MIN(COLUMN('INPUT SHEET'!$B$2:$AF$3))+1),ROWS(A$2:A2))))

confirmed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER not just ENTER, then copy down and to next column. Format the results as Date. (Note the year and month are hard-coded into the formula here).

Thank you so much,

it works like a charm..

Hello again,

I just wanted to ask i there is a change i can make to the 1rst formula so i would read every second line starting from the first.
On the INPUT SHEET

User 1 => Check the OK's
User 1 => No action
User 2 => Check the OK's
User 2 => No action
User 3 => Check the OK's
User 3 => No action
....and so on.

and then on the REPORT SHEET as it already is.

also can i put more users on the INPUT SHEET, cause it dosen't seem to work if i put more than 2.

THNX :)

Back