Lookup Tables

nikhil83

Reaction score
We have put together a master employee DB sheet.Table called cours_index contain details on courses.A table with same name as course name will be created for each entry in Index[Course] to capture course details which will be displayed in a new tab with same name of course (Done through macro)

formulea/macro should pick each employee from this DB and count the number of courses he/she attended and update it in employee DB itself.Also each course is attached with specific learning hours . Formulea/Macro should also find the total learning hours of a person and update it in employee DB.As mentioned earlier,Courses will get added dynamically .so Formulea/Macro should take this into consideration.I have attached a file for your review .

Bare with me just 1 more time . Sorry that i informed abt change in requirements late

Attachments

• Trial_v1.xlsx
    18.1 KB · Views: 18
This may help - nothing fancy...

Attachments

• Trial_v1-REV.xlsx
    18.7 KB · Views: 13
Just do the same for Learning Hours using a SUMIFS and appropriate sheet columns. Note the I altered the columns to standardize the data locations among the worksheets.

This may not work out .As i mentioned in the first post , Courses get added dynamically . so as and when a new course get entered in Index table , A new table with same name and format as other course tables, will be created and details pertaining to newly added course will be entered in newly created table .
Formulea must cater to this dynamic addition of new tables.But the formulea you mentioned is catering to just 4 courses mentioned in support file.This was just an example i gave.

I'd like to keep this alive... I'm able to do all be add the new worksheet given an Index w/s entry and think (many would figure this out already) that you need a function macro to complete that or all of the entries. I shall keep working on this.

Back