Thread: Clone/Link cells and automatically prioritize/rank in different worksheet

Post Clone/Link cells and automatically prioritize/rank in different worksheet

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hi Guys,
    Thank you so very much in advance for your help!

I have a workbook where I have worksheet 1 with a list of several hundred firms prioritized and color coded from A-D

A Car Company
    A Furniture Company
    A Food Company
    C Shoe Company
    B Shirt Company
    B Toy Company
    A Electronics Company
    etc
    etc

Now I want to create worksheet 2 for my boss with the A-ranked companies at the top so that he knows which he should work on. It is important that if I add an A-company to worksheet 1 or change a B-company to an A-Company in worksheet 1, it automatically also shows up at the top in worksheet 2.

So I think what I would basically need is to clone worksheet 1 cells to worksheet 2 and have them automatically rank in worksheet 2.

It would be absolutely fantastic if someone could help me out! Again thank you so very much in advance! I really appreciate it.

(On a quick side note: When I "just" link the cells between two worksheets, it doesn't copy all the attributes like drop down menu or color coding, is that right?)

Best wishes!

Marc

Add this code to the Sheet1 code module

Code:
    Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

With Worksheets("Sheet2")

.Cells.ClearContents

Me.Cells.Copy .Range("A1")

.Cells.Sort Key1:=.Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess
        End With
    End Sub