Conditional formatting

DID

Reaction score
Dear everybody,

I need some inspiration for a conditional formatting:

Today I have a "Controlchart" that must be written once an hour. In the top rows, there are the conditions: e.g. the values must be 100 and not larger than 110 and not lower than 90. In the following rows where the values are written, there is a conditional formatting telling that the values become red if they are outside the desired are (i.e. between 90 and 110).

NOW I would like to add a tendency formatting, i.e. even though the values are in the specificed area (i.e. between 90 and 110, but optimal 100), if the last, say 7 inputs are all in the lower area (i.e. between 90 and 100) they should become red, despite they are withtin the specifications above.

I hope it makes sense, otherwise please let me know.

All the best,
DID

It would help if you can post an example showing how the data is updated, and which cells are to be formatted red.

OK, here is an examples of what I am thinking of.

In this file, I have a conditional formatting of the values inserted in B8 and onwards. The conditions are defined by an upper and lower range in C3-5.

Now as you can see, the values written in B8 become red when the values are outside the range. Now the last six values are all below the target (100) and now I would like a formatting saying that if more than 6 values are all below the target (in this case 100) the next value should become red if it is below 100, even though it is more than 90 (i.e. within the limits).

By this I am able to see a tendency upon which I can react, when it is too low.

I really hope it makes sense, and that this can be made.

All the best.

Attachments

• Index.xlsx
    10.8 KB · Views: 8
Hi
Ive modified your example. Im using COUNTIF in helper column C to keep track of the number of consecutive values below 100. When this is equal to 7, an additional format comes into play in Col B on the same row.
Does that help?

Attachments

• ConditionalFormat1.xlsx
    11.9 KB · Views: 10
Hi
Ive modified your example. Im using COUNTIF in helper column C to keep track of the number of consecutive values below 100. When this is equal to 7, an additional format comes into play in Col B on the same row.
Does that help?

You guys are so f-ing clever!

Thanks from all my heart....

Back