Flight Time Extraction for 24 hrs, Weekday, and Month blocks

flydude

Reaction score
[h=2]Flight Time Extraction for 24 hrs, Weekday, and Month blocks[/h]
I am trying to extract the flight time from a leg depart date, leg depart time, arrival date, and arrival time.

First I would like to gather all minutes of flight time flown from 00:00-01:00 and so on.

Second, I would like to gather all of the flight time flown on Mondays and so on.

Third, I would like to gather all flight time flown in January and so on. The below is a snapshot of my data, but I would like to email the snapshot of the actual spreadsheet if someone can help.

Ex. Based off of the the first flight below (jan 7).. the flight time for the hour block would be around 6 mins for 1200-1300, 60 mins for 1300-1400, etc

3 hrs and 6 mins for sat (probably use the weekday function, and 3 hrs and 6 min for Jan.

Capture.JPG

Yes. Totally stumped. Someone gave me this formula for the 24 hour blocks, but it gives me ##### when no time is recorded. THis is an issue when I want to sum the time. Also, the weekday and month are hard to figure out as well.

=MIN(Q$2+TIME(1,0,0),$J3)-MAX(Q$2,$H3)

12_11.JPG

Funny response BC, but I am looking for answers from wherever I can get them. Sarcasm is not an answer.

Ok, The snapshot is a little confusing. I will post a different one where there is always an arrival time. This still gives me a bunch of #####. Again, the sum function doesn't like this for some reason. Thanks for the help. SEFHG.jpg

Funny response BC, but I am looking for answers from wherever I can get them. Sarcasm is not an answer.
This wasn't an answer, it was a question, because if so you are displaying total disregard and/or respect for the rules of the forums as well as the time of the very people from which you seek assistance.
Have a read of this for an understanding, it is a page of this site, included as a link in the rules of numerous other Excel sites.

Point taken. But, how am I to know that the talent level here is similar elsewhere. I am looking to complete this study of my own free time to potentially reduce the aviation mishap rates of American USN/USMC servicemen/women. Now that you have sufficiently educated my on excel forum etiquette, can we get to a solution to the above.

flydude, have you figured out the formula for this yet?

If not and you're interested in a macro solution post back and let us know.

Are different time zones / International Dateline crossings factored into flight times or obtained from one timepiece only?

A formula I use a lot in time situations is as follows (don't know if you've seen it before):- A2 (Dep) B2 (Arr) C2 (Total)

C2 =IF(B2>A2,(1+B2),B2)-A2 {this will take care of time periods crossing midnight) format times as [h]:mm

Back