Thread: Lookup/Match Array Formula over multiple sheets

Lookup/Match Array Formula over multiple sheets

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

I need a formula to search column B on multiple sheets for a name.
    For every match I need it to return the values/names in columns C, D, & E of that row. I have a formula now that give me what I need from 1 sheet but I can't figure out how to do this over multiple sheets.
    {=IF(ROWS(C$6:C8)<=$A$2,INDEX(LASSEN!E$2:E$1041,SMALL(IF(LASSEN!$B$2:$B$1041=$A$1, ROW(LASSEN!$B$2:$B$1041)-ROW(LASSEN!D$2)+1),ROWS(C$6:C8))),"")}
    I have spent countless hours researching this and have tried tons of array lookup formulas with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Index Array That References Multiple Sheets

Hello. If I understand what you are trying to do, then I might be able to help you to some extent. If I am on the same page as you, then I am trying to do the same thing as you. I hope that I am able to assist you.
    How many pages do you have in your document? I could only get this formula to work for up to three pages. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to make it get data from more than three pages. Everytime I try to expand the code for List4, it says I have too many arguments.

Because it won't let me upload my file here, I have uploaded my sample excel file elsewhere: app.box.com/s/lvmqlp070g9ep0rz1dqnmjaajv1rgpvj

Excel 2010 with free Power Query Add-In.
    Compatible with Office 2013 Pro Plus.
    Lookup names and their values/text across multiple sheets (9 tabs in this example)
    No formulas, no helper columns, no macro needs to be written.
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/5hrznb.../01_16_15.xlsx
    Sam: Could not open your link on PC.

I found out that there is a limit to nested ifs. I found a way around the limitation by using defined names to replace the coding. This does work, but instead of getting an error that says "too many arguments" I am getting a #NUM error in my cells for List4 through List6. I have also re-uploaded my excel file. Hopefully, the link will work this time.

app.box.com/s/0mroijv5crdftgzqccx45yf02usc9kdx