Column values not matching with Y Axis lines

jdrahos

Reaction score
I have a column chart where the values of the columns are not lining up with the Y axis lines. The Y axis is all set to auto, yet, if you look at the attched chart, the values don't match the axis lines. For example: 395 is above the 400 line, 294 is above the 300 line, 245 is above the 250 line, 195 is above the 200 line, 148 and 145 are above the 150 line, 96 is above the 100 line, 50 is above the 50 line and 20 is above the 20 line. I have been trying to fix this, but have not been able. Any suggestions would be apreciated!

Thank you!

Attachments

• Total Open Complaints Graph.xlsx
    14.1 KB · Views: 16
Format Data Series, Border Styles (Cap type = Flat) and (Width = 2) :)

That did it! Thank you!! :clap2: Although I like the wider bars better, at least now the numbers and axis lines match up.

Alternative suggestion.

Set axis to be Text (Categorical) rather than Date or Automatic.
You can then set the border to none and adjust the Gap Width to ~40

That really didn't work. I was just upgraded yesterday to Excel 2013. I set the axis category to text, but there is no "none" for the border. I tried "no line," but adjusting the gap width then did nothing.

The revised graph looks great, but when I try to do it, there is no "axis Type" section under my "Axis Options" like your screen shot shows. :frown:

I wasn't, but doing that did fix the problem! Thank you!!! :yo:

Back