Is there a way to find all constants in a column and replace alwith a formula?

DUSKY44

Reaction score
Hi, wondering if anyone can help please?!

I work in the building trade and we use estimating software called Conquest. Conquest generates bills of quantities and allows the user to export the bill to excel. However, Conquest does not export the formulas, just the raw data, so we have to manually insert the formulas. Sometimes the bills are huge and this can take a long time!

I was wondering if there is a way to select all the constants in a column (i.e highlighting the column, clicking find and select tool, then clicking constants) and then replace the constants with a formula. The replace with tool doesn't seem to allow me to enter any formula; it looks like I can only replace the selected constants with another constant.

It would be great if there is a solution to this as it would save a lot of time!

Thanks,

R

I was able to put a formula in the Replace box. What did you use in the Find and Replace boxes?

I was able to put a formula in the Replace box. What did you use in the Find and Replace boxes?

Thanks Bob,

I can see now that I'm able to put a formula in the Replace box. The problem is that I can't select all constants in the Find box, i.e all the constants I want to select are different numbers, but I want to change all of these numbers to a formula.

Thanks,

R

Back