Paypal Merchant Fees

bellaivanovic

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I need some help because I have been breaking my head on this one. I take a lot of payments through paypal and I would like to make a formula in excel where the client who is purchasing the product pay this fee for me. For example...

Lets say I am selling an item for $20.00. They pay through paypal and paypal will charge me a 6.4% processing fee + $0.30 item fee. So in reality I will pay paypal $1.58 and receive $18.42 from the sale.

So what is a formula that I can make where I will receive the full $20.00 after the client pays the paypal fee. Hope you guys understand. Thanks for all the help.

Hello - Assuming the following:

1. $20 required payment in A1
2. $0.30 Item Fee in A2
3. 6.40% Processing Fee in A3
4. That you want your client to pay both fees.

Put this formula in any cell:

= (A1+A2)/((100-A3)/100)

The answer is $21.69 to the nearest cent.

If you put 6.4% in A3, you can simplify and clarify the formula, and as it is currency you should round it

=ROUND((A1+A2)/(1-A3),2)

If you put 6.4% in A3, you can simplify and clarify the formula, and as it is currency you should round it

=ROUND((A1+A2)/(1-A3),2)

I would only add that unit prices are often not rounded particularly where they are being applied to large quantities, which can cause considerable inaccuracy. The alternative is to round after applying the quantity.

Yeah, but this is Paypal, so presumably single ticket items.

Yeah, but this is Paypal, so presumably single ticket items.

Presumably is correct...(as my pappy used to say, "you can't presume anything") :heh:,and surely lots of our suggestions are adopted by users other than the OP ?

Back