Need code [Automatically calculate new results as values are entered on other sheets]

bodmas

Reaction score
Need code [Automatically calculate new results as values are entered on other sheets]
Need code in cell "I3:I1000" for sheet2,3,4,5..... so on respectively in order to reflect changes in cell "P7:p1000" of sheet1. Whenever i type any value in cells "I3:I1000", it should be reflect in cell "P7:p1000" of sheet1.
For eg: Sheet 1 : P7=10, I inserted value in sheet 2: I3=5. So i want the vale to be deducted from cell P7 automatically. It should be like this,
P7= 10-5 = 5
Cell P7 in sheet 1 should reflect value 5.
Please give the code for the above.
Thanks View attachment Spare parts inventory.xlsmView attachment Spare parts inventory.xlsm

Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

So... I'm thinking that it's a little more difficult than what you've stated, but just want to check.

First, you actually want it decucted from Q7 according to your example file, not P7

Second, if this is a list of inventory, don't you actually need it deducted from P(whatever row the appropriate item is in on Sheet1)? What I mean is that, on Loom1's page, you're using 1 of part 6600. If part 6600 was in row 8, wouldn't you want the value deducted from Q8?

@Ken Puls ~ Yes, you are absolutely right. It is not P7, It is Q7. I want to edit my first post but not able to edit [Dont know why].
Thanks for correcting me. I have updated my worksheet, please check the attachment. Let me explain you my problem in more details:
Firstly,
After selecting A[Part No.] Sheet1, I will press enter and i would like the cursor move towards last row of cell AA[Part No. 6600] of sheet1 [If there is data in AA4 then the cursor should highlight AA5 cell after pressing enter from cell A, sheet1].
Secondly,
After completing the data entry at AF[Price] and hitting enter, I would like to move cursor towards Loom Section [Cell J,Sheet 1] of corresponding part no. of which the entry is made.
Thirdly,
I have already the code to select Loom Sheet. After selecting Loom No and completing its entries, i want a code for automatically maintain stock [cell K,sheet 1] of respective part no.
I hope you are getting me. Advance thanks!View attachment Spare parts inventory.xlsm

Okay, but what happens if you select part 6601? Where does that go?

To be completely honest here, what you're trying to do would be much better served in a relational database, such as Access...

@Ken Puls ~ I will create one more table for 6601,6602,...so on.
Thanks for your suggestions sir. I have access also but never used it. Can you please guide me for access or help me getting code for the above.

Hi,

I'm not an Access guru, just know enough to be dangerous with it, although I do use it as a back end (data warehouse) for many of my Excel projects. I may not be able to help you as much as you need there. If you want to try on emore Excel example, I'm sure we can make it work, it just may not be ideal for a really long life.

@Ken Puls ~ One guy help me out by the following code. It is working well. Can you please check it and update it according to my requirements of #4.
Thirdly,
I have already the code to select Loom Sheet + the code for stock updation. After selecting Loom No and completing its entries, i have the code for automatically maintain stock [cell K,sheet 1] of respective part no. Now, i want After updation of stock, i want my cursor to go back to Sheet 1, Part no. selection.
Please check my latest updated attachment.View attachment Spare parts inventory.xlsm

Any Help or advises please.
Bodmas, I think you should take Ken's suggestion to heart. Once you read up on relational database theory, you can get all the Access help you need at www.accessmonster.com. Please don't take this the wrong way, but trying to force into Excel a model that is best served by a relational database is going to require constant maintanence. There will be a hefty learning curve, but you will be doing yourself a great favor by learning Access. Just my two cents.

Greg

Hi Bodmas,

My apologies for leaving you hanging for a couple of days. I've worked 27 hours in the last 2 days, and we've got a heavy push going for the next few as well, so I'm not going to be able to be here much to help in the short term. If you can wait for a bit, I'll take a look. (I agree with Greg though... long term I still feel Access would make a superior solution.)

Back