Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Date and time

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2010 64bit

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

idiot proof...... no such thing, can only try.

If I could just get my head around tables, I think alot of issues would go away.
    I have a project of my own where tables will come in handy so I don't mind learning as we go.

Keep in mind I'm just an old retired guy that plays around with this stuff for entertainment, I'm no programmer, just trying to help out, pass on some of the things I've learned and learn something new in the process.

Hope to have something for you in the near future.

I understand completely. I'm even less a programmer than you. I can usually alter script and make it do what I need or piece together sniplets of script I find online. I'm no good at starting something from scratch. I wouldnt know when its best to just use a formula or throw in a script. I can read and understand scripts though. I know what and how your scripts in here work but i could have never written them myself. I too am learning as we go and I'm very grateful for you time and help.

I will wait for you next rev.

Oh and something you asked me earlier that i forgot to answer. I live in utah, where i'm at right now, so im in mountain standard time. I work and will be using this spreadsheet in north dakota. The time zone there is Central Standard time.

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2010 64bit
    OK, I'll try this again.

Think I've addressed your concerns so far.

Have hidden your original sheet and the Generic tank site sheet.
    Don't delete these sheets. If you need to rebuilt the sites they will be needed.

Now using tables. Formulas will automatically fill in when needed.
    DO NOT delete entire rows above row 10 because this is where the formulas live.
    Deleting entire rows 10 and below is fine. The upper rows should be locked but I think protecting the sheets now will get in the way of your testing.

I'm gone for the rest of the day but let me know how it goes.

Good luck (fingers crossed)
    NoS
    Attached Files Attached Files

THIS POST WAS PUT IN JUST AFTER YOU POSTED LAST. IT DOES NOT PERTAIN TO THE FILE IN THAT POST SO THIS CAN PROBABLE BE IGNORED. I'LL PLAY AROUND WITH THE NEW FILE AND REPOST MY RESULTS.

Hey NoS,

I was just playing around with the last version again. I was messing with sheets that I cleared all the input data to see how its gonna be when i get back to ND and start fresh with data. I ran in to a couple problems. I know you are looking into new things for this so if this doesnt matter just ignore it.

After clearing out the data I figured the best way to start the sheet would be to just put in the tank levels with the form but leave the amount taken out. That data went in the sheet fine. The problem was when I did the second input. I used the same levels as the first time because thats what they would be but this time I took 160 bbls out. You can see the errors in the pics below.

The error where the bbls taken is, it says its not in number format, i even went in and set that column to be numbers. The other errors, div/0 is because there are no values in the cells the formulas are using.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error screen.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	2873   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Errors in workbok.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	2874  
    Last edited by testerxxx; 2014-11-21 at 06:22 PM.

This is a continuation of the previous post.

The errors do pertain to the file you just uploaded also. The type mismatch occurred when I went to the summary page. You can see in the attached pic. That only happened because of the #div/0 error on the other sheet.

Seems to be another if/then problem in the same code as before, but a different line?

Well good luck with what you are doing today. I'll play around with the code while wait for your reply. Maybe ill stumble into the fix. lol.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Summary error.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	2875   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	code error.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	2876  

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2010 64bit
    How often will you be entering tank levels and not taking any pulls?

If you notice on the first data line there are no formulas in those columns that have errors, that's because with no previous pull you really have nothing to work with. By entering 0 bbls taken you effectively moved everything down a row, hence the errors.
    Make the pull 160 and move the date back a day, think then it will make sense.

please check for personal message on this site, thanks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4