SUM formula on Dynamic columns

iscreddy9

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I need to write a SUM formula for Dynamic column called Total.

Initially the formula will be in Z1 (=SUM(A1:Y1))
Next time it can be D1 = SUM(A1:C1)

So every time the calculated columns may change and calculated cell column will also be changed.

Please help.

Try

D1: = SUM($A$1:C$1)

It is not always D1 , See if i have 4 columns exist then my formula should be in 5 th column then formula should be E1 = A1:D1, so that time the above formula is incorrect. It has to be dynamic by displayed columns.

Good afternoon,

You probably need a VBA solution for something like that, but I assume that the spreadsheet would have to be provided. In order to accomplish this with formulas, you would have to have something like:

=SUM($A$1:A1) entered in cell B1 and then dragged across however many the maximum number of columns would be, with your data then pasted over top of it. I suppose you could have a second sheet with formulas similar to these, that pulled all of the data from an original sheet, but even that is messy.

It may help to upload your workbook, or a variant of it.

Thanks,

It is not always D1 , See if i have 4 columns exist then my formula should be in 5 th column then formula should be E1 = A1:D1, so that time the above formula is incorrect. It has to be dynamic by displayed columns.

Just copy the given formula across!

(Yeah, my 1,000th post).

Back