.gif image in a comment

SII

Reaction score
Hi,
How can I insert a .gif image(s) into a comment (and it to be not a static background picture)?

There appears to be no such of a way in default Excel. I can not program.
If someone can help me it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

*If you know of any add-ins that can make comments a little bit more high in functionality (especially in the question at hand), point me out to them. I wasn't successful in finding anything like that. I just happen to find comments very useful in bigger worksheets, where just rolling over one of the "million" cells can provide useful additional information, which otherwise would have been burried in a separate worksheet/document, and this making everything chaotic and tedious. Again any help would be appreciated! Best regards!

SII

please follow step by step

click on cell in which cell you want to add picture on comment ---> right click on cell than click on edit comment -------> Right click on outer border of comment box --------> click on Format Comment -------> choose Tab Colors and Lines -------> you see colors combo box under Fill area -------> click on combo box than click on Fill Effects -------> click on picture Tab ---------> you can see a menu box that is Select Picture -------> put file name or select file *.GIF ------> click on insert ------>click Ok ----> click OK

Thank you very much for the step-by-step guide, but unfortunately the result is not an animated .gif - but how I've described it earlier a static background image (just the first frame of the animation is displayed). May be my wording was bad, English not good. Anyways, I want the image to be animated - like what the idea of the .gif format is. I forgot to mention that I am using Excel 2003, so may be this issue has already been resolved in newer versions. If this is the case, I apologize for wasting your time, help is appreciated though!
Cheers!

Back