Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Online Excel Formula Translator to other languages

Articles
    Excel Version
    2010, 2016, 2016 Insider

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hi Ken...

yes, I also have seen this that some functions of the Analysis toolpack seems to be now integrated in Excel (2010) itself. So, I think, I must firstly get all formulas included in the toolpack.

Best Regards :-)

Articles
    Excel Version
    2010, 2016, 2016 Insider
    Hi there...

I have released Version 1.25 Beta of the translator. Following features are new or improved...

• A rewritten formula parser, which is now, IMHO, better prepared to find keywords in some Excel functions for translating them in later versions of the translator.
    • The translation is being verified by retranslating the result formula to the original language. If this result is then not the same, then something went wrong. A status message is displayed.
    • Quoted text and sheet names in formulas may now be preserved.
    • Spaces before the ( in formulas or in other places of the string may be preserved and correctly recognized.
    • The parser can translate formulas in upper and lower cases. However this currently only works for non specials characters (like ÄÜÖ) and is due to an UTF problem on my server; don't know why.
    • An option for choosing to replace semicolons by commas and vice-versa has been added.
    • The languages displayed (source and target) are new sorted alphabetically depending on the interface language.
    • The buttons for the interface languages moved to the left for better adding more languages later.

Feedback is well appreciated, thanks and for me, it's time to test many many formulas :-)

Articles
    Hay Maninweb,
    Great job
    I propose some correction about French translation :
    - Excel Formula Translator
    "Insérez une seule ou une combinaison valide de formules de Microsoft Excel dans le champ de formule source, puis sélectionnez la langue source et la langue cible et définissez éventuellement plus d'options. Les traductions commencent après un clic sur « Traduire la formule » et le résultat s’affiche dans le champ de formule cible."

- Source and Target Language : "Suédois"
    - Options : No action = "N'effectuer aucune action"

- I also test the Cell and the Info formula : the [type] is not translated but I am sure you will take care later

Best regards

Articles
    Excel Version
    2010, 2016, 2016 Insider
    Hi jpr73...

Un grand merci pour tes corrections

Thanks for your corrections, I have changed the strings. The keywords in formulas (like CELL) are currently not translated. I would like to firstly ensure that combinations of formulas are correctly translated, then the keyword translations will be done in a later version and may be, I think, a little bit tricky.

Articles
    Excel Version
    2010, 2016, 2016 Insider
    Hi there...

I have added new languages, 16 languages are now supported and the translator may now also translate formulas in lower cases. PS: the reason you will find Japanese in the translator is that one formula differs from the English ones (DOLLAR = YEN).

I also updated my Excel File with the translations. As this file unfortunately exceeds the allowed size here, I uploaded it on my server; you can find the file here http://translator.excel-ticker.de/do.../formulas.xlsm. The file contains 19 languages, but in Hebrew and Korean, the formulas are the same as in English. The Excel file also now includes a sheet for comparing formulas between 2 languages.

Articles
    Excel Version
    2010, 2016, 2016 Insider
    Hi all...

I have updated the formula translator to Version 1.40 Build 100911. New features and updates...

• The translator has now also its own fanpage at Facebook. And I have created an app there, so that the translator can directly be called from a tab of the fanpage. PS: hoping for some likes :-)
    • The translator is now able to translate keywords in the formulas CELL() and INFO(). This means, for example, when entering ZELLE("Dateiname") to translate to English, the output should be CELL("Filename"). The parser expects the keywords at their right argument place. The keyword translation currently only works for German, English and French. This is due to the fact that I have to extract each keyword manually for each language. I will add the keywords step by step.
    • The translator may be also a little bit faster.
    • A next step is the recognition of date and time formats; that's not quite simple and a challenge :-)

What happened to its online concept?

Articles
    Excel Version
    2010, 2016, 2016 Insider
    Hi Bob...

This implementation is also work is progress and will take some time.

Personally, the online facility is of far more interest to me. The workbook has no interest, so I would think that it would be concentrate on producing a good online version, leave all the fancy fringe bits until later.

Articles
    Excel Version
    2010, 2016, 2016 Insider
    Hi Bob...

hmm, I am a little bit confused; the current stable online version is here: http://translator.excel-ticker.de and may be always reachable.
    I work for the improvements on a copy and when ready update the published version.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast