My busines workbook

Anmol786

Reaction score
I have a workbook (attached here))

I want to remove serial no.s and want to arrange in a separate cell to the left

then on right side quantity is written but there is some space before each no. or text i want to remove that too

i want all data in three coloumns viz. No. Particulars Qunt.
and put data in each column as per catagory

help plz

Attachments

• Myworkbook.xlsx
    10.1 KB · Views: 8
I have a workbook (attached here))

I want to remove serial no.s and want to arrange in a separate cell to the left

then on right side quantity is written but there is some space before each no. or text i want to remove that too

i want all data in three coloumns viz. No. Particulars Qunt.
and put data in each column as per catagory

help plz

To remove the unwanted space characters in column C, type this formula in a spare column:

=TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(C1,CHAR(160),""))

Copy down to cover the corresponding entries in Col C.

Regarding the serial numbers, it isn't clear to me how to identify them. Can you explain a bit more?

To remove the unwanted space characters in column C, type this formula in a spare column:

=TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(C1,CHAR(160),""))

Copy down to cover the corresponding entries in Col C.

Regarding the serial numbers, it isn't clear to me how to identify them. Can you explain a bit more?

Sir

in fact serial no. s and names are together in a cell

so i want to separate them means serial no.s shoule be in left column and names should be another coloumn

its just like 1hemantco. (in one cell only)
i want to put this way 1 (one cell) Hemant co. (another cell)
it will look decent this way 1 Hemant co.

Hope i have clarified the point

Sir

in fact serial no. s and names are together in a cell

so i want to separate them means serial no.s shoule be in left column and names should be another coloumn

its just like 1hemantco. (in one cell only)
i want to put this way 1 (one cell) Hemant co. (another cell)
it will look decent this way 1 Hemant co.

Hope i have clarified the point

Im sorry, but whats needed in relation to serial numbers is still unclear. You only have data in Col A on your example, and that does not have the text '1hemantco'.
Assuming that your serial number is that which appears at the start of each entry in Col A, there are a number of ways to get this into a unique column, depending mainly on how much data you have, and how many 'rogue' entries there are. By this I mean those that don't conform with the majority as far as structure is concerned.
For instance, in your attachment Post #1, most of the starting numbers are followed by a space, except 3 and 4, which are 'rogues', requiring a formula variation to extract. A few of these won't be a problem, but if there are thousands with lots of variations, then your in trouble.
If you do have a lot of 'rogues' this formula will extract the first string of numerics present in a larger string. See attachment.

Attachments

• Myworkbook.xlsx
    11.4 KB · Views: 8
Back