Macro to collate data of different sheet under one sheet

dinesh.sarsar

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
MS OFFICE Windows 10
Hi Friends,

Need your help again.

We reconcile monthly stock rec every month, and daily we do make a summary of breaks taken on the rec.

Now is it possible to do it with macro.

I want to have all the breaks taken on the rec on different tabs under one sheet i.e summary sheet. I have attached the file for e.g

Please check and let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Open Invest Monthly Stock Rec.xlsx
    22.8 KB · Views: 10
Have you considered putting all the records into the summary sheet first, and then using an Index/Match process to populate the individual provider sheets from the summary?

Hi Hercules,

The breaks are taken on the individual provider sheets first and then we have to manually take then on summary sheets.

Can a macro do this.

Hi Hercules,

The breaks are taken on the individual provider sheets first and then we have to manually take then on summary sheets.

Can a macro do this.

Yes, a macro can do this. However, the way its designed to work would depend on the way the summary is produced, and the quality of your data.
Is it produced once from a collection of provider sheets for (say) one month, and then a new one is produced from a new set of provider sheets for the next month ?
or
Is the summary extended by new records being added by amendment as they arise, in which case do you, (or can you) mark, or otherwise identify records that have already been added?
or
Would it be OK to discard and rebuild the summary each time an update is needed?

Back