Changing character

Hikmetotheron

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Word dictionary database document, which is used to translate Turkish to English. In that Word document there are semicolon (;) signs after Turkish Words, and after these semicolon signs, there are the meanings of Turkish Words in English.

That database Word document have Turkish words which have location property that they must be at the beginning of any rows (Not all rows), and must be ended with semicolon (;) signs, also rows just above these Turkish words must be ended with comma (.) signs.

So, I want a macro program that changes semicolon signs (;) after each Turkish Words to :: characters.

If I'm reading you right, you have something like this:

some text here in some language
and maybe some more
and then a line ending in a comma,
Türkçe; Turkish
with the comma-terminated line followed by something like the above
and then some more text
and another comma,
üçgen; triangle
or something of the sort

You say "comma", and I have assumed comma (,) but you show a full stop (.). Whichever it is, I'm sure you can adjust to suit.

You should be able to use a Find and Replace ...

firstly press the "More" button if need be and check "Use Wildcards"

to find a comma, followed by a paragraph mark, followed by some text (which does not include a paragraph mark so that it is all on the same line), followed by a semicolon ... put (,^13[!^13]@); in the "find what" box

to replace it with just the text, as found, the same and the semicolon replaced by two colons ... put \1:: in the "replace with" box

and press "Replace All"

Back