Incrementing Label Numbers

revilo

Reaction score
Hello All - been a while since I was on here! :)

Basically, what I am wanting to do is use excel to generate shipping labels for our industrial label printer (yes, the software included is AWFUL!).

Basically, what I am doing is using Concatenate to the basics like =CONCATENATE("Deliver to: ", B1) for the name of the receiving company.

Where I am getting stuck is with labels for shipments with multiple packages. Eg, I want to be able to have a cell where I enter the number of parcels in the shipment, and excel will generate the labels with 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3 etc, and print them.

Not sure if this is achievable with a formula or not (I know the printing part isn't really - I will have to use a VBA script for that), and I would appreciate some opinions of the local guru's!

Thanks in advance.

Try upload your sample data and explain youe expected results, click "Go Advanced" button and find paperclip button to attach your file

regards

This idea might be OK if your not wanting to print a lot of sets involving multiple copies.

1. If your using label stationery, I assume that you have sheets of blank perforated labels for your printer.
2. You will need to make, (and line up) placeholders in your spreadsheet for the label text in order that this
information can be printed onto the labels without wasting a lot of them.
3. So I would simply make several sets of data in the spreadsheet to cater for various No of copies, and then
use suitable range names to reference each set in order to pick the correct number of copies for printing.
With a few "thought out" formulae, you should be able to generate from the single address block you have (A1:B4).
4. Having tackled this quite often, I found that the main issues are usually about marshalling the task to avoid
wasting labels.

Last edited:
Had a bit of time to spare, so I put together a sheet from your example.
It prints either 3 or 2 copies of the label, according to which range you select. You can add more data for other copy variations.
To get the correct copy count, correctly numbered, set the total in B4, and set the corresponding range as the print area.

Attachments

• Label Spreadsheet.xlsx
    128.7 KB · Views: 14
Awesome! Thanks very much for that.

I should be able to arrange something now! :nerd:

Back