index formula problem excel 2007

Difference14

Reaction score
Can anyone help sort out this problem

Import C details deliveries to be made that day - sent in from another department.

Workbook "Monday Run" details the drivers run sheet (602 RS) and his load (602OL). If the site ID appears in Import C then a "C" is put in 602 RS column D, and the site ID in 602 OL B28:B40. A vlookup then puts the details from Import C into the respective column in 602OL (D28 to O40).

The problem occurs when a site has two or more orders for delivery that day - in this case both sites C062 and C070 have two deliveries each.

Is there any way to amend the formula to pick up the second delivery from Import C for these sites??

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• MondayRun.xlsx
    77.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMPORT C.xlsx
    11.2 KB · Views: 14
Perhaps with SUMPRODUCT? This adds up the corresponding values...

e.g. in J28 or '602L' sheet:

=SUMPRODUCT(('[IMPORT C.XLSX]C'!$G$8:$G$1000=B28)*('[IMPORT C.XLSX]C'!$I$8:$T$1000))

adjust ranges to suit and copied down.

Is that what you meant?

Hi NBVC

Thanks for the input - is there anyway this can be included in the formula already in B28:B40?

I am not sure what you mean. The formula you have in B28:B40 gets the unique Store Numbers, and the formula I gave you sums up the corresponding values from the columns in the IMPORT workbook.

FYI... you can revise the formula in B28 to:

=IFERROR(INDEX('602 RS'!$A$5:$A$34,SMALL(IF('602 RS'!$D$5:$D$34="C",ROW('602 RS'!$A$5:$A$34)-ROW('602 RS'!$A$5)+1,ROW('602 RS'!$A$34)+1),ROWS($B$28:$B28)),1),"")

so that you can copy it down without having to manually adjust the K factor for the SMALL function.

Hi NBVC

Unfortunately your sumproduct formula is not what I'm looking for. I've uploaded another copy showing the results I hope to get in B28:O42 with some of these results repeated in B11:O19.

I hope this explains it better and you'll be able to help sort it out.

Attachments

• MondayRun - Expected results.xlsx
    65.9 KB · Views: 8
I am confused.

Are you saying only 2 rows should appear in the results?

If so, under what logic should these be the only two rows?

You have not included the reference workbook for the numbers, so I am not sure what to expect in those columns.

Back