Thread: index formula problem excel 2007

index formula problem excel 2007

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Can anyone help sort out this problem

Import C details deliveries to be made that day - sent in from another department.

Workbook "Monday Run" details the drivers run sheet (602 RS) and his load (602OL). If the site ID appears in Import C then a "C" is put in 602 RS column D, and the site ID in 602 OL B28:B40. A vlookup then puts the details from Import C into the respective column in 602OL (D28 to O40).

The problem occurs when a site has two or more orders for delivery that day - in this case both sites C062 and C070 have two deliveries each.

Is there any way to amend the formula to pick up the second delivery from Import C for these sites??

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2016
    Perhaps with SUMPRODUCT? This adds up the corresponding values...

e.g. in J28 or '602L' sheet:

=SUMPRODUCT(('[IMPORT C.XLSX]C'!$G$8:$G$1000=B28)*('[IMPORT C.XLSX]C'!$I$8:$T$1000))

adjust ranges to suit and copied down.

Is that what you meant?

Hi NBVC

Thanks for the input - is there anyway this can be included in the formula already in B28:B40?

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2016
    I am not sure what you mean. The formula you have in B28:B40 gets the unique Store Numbers, and the formula I gave you sums up the corresponding values from the columns in the IMPORT workbook.

FYI... you can revise the formula in B28 to:

=IFERROR(INDEX('602 RS'!$A$5:$A$34,SMALL(IF('602 RS'!$D$5:$D$34="C",ROW('602 RS'!$A$5:$A$34)-ROW('602 RS'!$A$5)+1,ROW('602 RS'!$A$34)+1),ROWS($B$28:$B28)),1),"")

so that you can copy it down without having to manually adjust the K factor for the SMALL function.

Hi NBVC

Unfortunately your sumproduct formula is not what I'm looking for. I've uploaded another copy showing the results I hope to get in B28:O42 with some of these results repeated in B11:O19.

I hope this explains it better and you'll be able to help sort it out.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2016
    I am confused.

Are you saying only 2 rows should appear in the results?

If so, under what logic should these be the only two rows?

You have not included the reference workbook for the numbers, so I am not sure what to expect in those columns.