Thread: sum and sumif formulas in a workbook

sum and sumif formulas in a workbook

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

000SAMPLE COMPILED Daily PJM Report.xlsx000SAMPLE COMPILED Daily PJM Report.xlsx

I need to total the cumulative hours in each daily worksheet and travel hours daily

I thought i had the formula for the total hours using '*' as wildcard but when i add sheets it doesnt add into the formula...i will add sheets as needed for the dates on a particular project

1st i need help with the TOTAL HOURS on each date considering the fact that i will be adding sheets when necessary

2nd (still considering that i'll be adding sheets when needed) i would like to total the travel time cumulatively (using travel as a keyword in B10 through B19 to total the time to the right of it in Q10 through Q19) ---'travel' may end up being anywhere in B10-B19 or more than once daily b/c I may have different techs with different times on the same day

hopefully i explained myself well enough/// and hopefully the attachment is there (new here)Thanks in advance!

after looking at it again I'm now adding Q20 from each sheet with the result placed in 'Total Hours' (B1) (i moved things around in Total Hours from what i originally attached)

then, in each sheet i now have a 'total travel' which can be calculated (per sheet looking for keyword 'travel') then the total placed in 'Total Hours' (B2)

...much simpler way but i still have an issue if i add sheets Are my only 2 options to re-run the formula in the Total Hours sheet as i add worksheets or to use the start/end sheet method?

Add hidden sheets, start and end, before and after the actual data sheets and sum the range start:end!rng_address.