:confused: In Picking "specific data" and put it in "specific cells" with date

pipsmultan

Reaction score
:confused: In Picking "specific data" and put it in "specific cells" with date

Greetings to everyone

i m stuck into some issue ImageImage

i hav 2 month & year from ("AE2" to "AI2") & ("AE7" to "AI7")

in front of month Jan with Year 2014 (B3 & B4) i have Dyas from "D3 to AH3" and Dates "D4 to AH4" and from "D5 to AH5" it is filled with H/L, C/L, P, M/L etc. all these ("D3 to AH3, "D4 to AH4" & "D5 to AH5") are in horizontal format and same with case of month Feb with Year 2014 ("AE7" to "AI7").

the problem i m facing i want these all horizontal format data (AE2 to AI2 & D3 to AH3 & D4 to AH4 & D5 to AH5) in vertical format

I want cell "B19 to B23" to pick automatically "M/L" from "D5 to AH5" date wise ("dd-mm-yy" ) & C/L in cell "C19:C23", H/L in cell "D1923"

as you can see in sample attach copy the cell "S3" (day) and "S4" (date) should display in cell "A19" with "dd-mm-yy" according to ("AE2" to "AI2")

attach file link:

View attachment Leaves Records2.xlsx

Attendance.jpg

this will help me out to maintain Full year record of (M/L C/L, H/L) taken of specific Person date wise and data get update the record should also get updated in "S3" & "S4" across

Best regards

Are the numbers in row 5 dates that are formatted to just show the day number?

Are the numbers in row 5 dates that are formatted to just show the day number?

sorry i dont get your point in row 5 there is (M/L, C/L etc)

M/L = Medical Leaves
C/L = Casual Leaves
com/L = Compensatory leaves
and soon

can you give me a better view of what you are asking

It's unclear to me.

Regards

I meant row 4. If you select one of those cells what do you see in the formula bar?

Hi, sorry for the delay. Also, I just noticed that you had posted an attachment spreadsheet link. Initially I thought you had only posted a picture....

Anyway, try this formula in B19 copied down.

=COUNTIFS($D$4:$AH$9,$A19,$D$5:$AH$10,"M/L")

Similarly for other codes.

pipsmultan, please do not crosspost your questions to other forums without providing links.

Thanks, I respect an appreciate you for guiding me in the right direction :)
I Just want to get more experts pointed to my posts, Thank you for informing me.

regards

Hi, sorry for the delay. Also, I just noticed that you had posted an attachment spreadsheet link. Initially I thought you had only posted a picture....

Anyway, try this formula in B19 copied down.

=COUNTIFS($D$4:$AH$9,$A19,$D$5:$AH$10,"M/L")

Similarly for other codes.

Your formula works excellent but there is some issues in it can you plz resolve it

what i am trying to do is i want an Excel to AUTO pick dates and "M/L, H/L, C/L" dates wise in "A70" cell down & across, to show how many "M/L, H/L, C/L" have been taken and on which dates so that i dont have to go in whole year to search one by one regarding "M/L, H/L, C/L"

i have attach same file again plz check,

View attachment Leaves Records Sample.xlsx

can you plz check and help me out in it.. i will be very thanks-full for your kind help

High Regards

I think I will leave it to the helpers in your other thread. If they do not resolve your issue, then we can review it here. I don't want to conflict with others that are working on the same solution.

I think I will leave it to the helpers in your other thread. If they do not resolve your issue, then we can review it here. I don't want to conflict with others that are working on the same solution.

thanks, appreciated :)

High Regards

Back