need to know data position

Pascal, what you did is a lot and I am not going to ask for more. What I have right now is a program that can be used. It will be the task of the loadmaster to check the positions and see that no mistakes are done. showing them where the pallets have been placed is already a great help.

Thank you very much for your help and patience.

Ehm... I have one last question.

Say I need to delete one pallet from a position. is it possible to "free" the pallet in ULD? I mean, delete the position from column F and the shading from the corresponding row...

is it possible to "free" the pallet in ULD? I mean, delete the position from column F and the shading from the corresponding row...
Probably. We could use a Sheet_Change event. It could get complicated if a user deletes only one cell at a time. Also, since you've removed the first 3 characters of some (all?) the ULDs are the remaining characters/numbers guaranteed to be unique?

I would consider updating the ULD sheet in a different way; every time the ULD sheet is activated (or perhaps every time the LoadPlan sheet is deactivated instead) clear all the shading and position info from the ULD sheet, then update the whole of the ULD sheet from scratch by examining the whole of the LoadPlan. There will still be the problem of the shortened ULDs if they are not guaranteed to be unique.

(This is the whole new ball-game I was referring to in msg#18.)

I see what you mean... no, only the ulds have an unique code. so the fastest way would be to keep the 3 letter codes?

Probably. I'm just having a look at this now, but have come across another peculiarity, all the 4-cell blocks have a unique position ID except for positions 11 to 23 and 31 to 43. How do you differentiate between the 2 4-cell blocks in each of those positions? (I'm looking to set some ranges so that when 1 cell is deleted in a position block, all 4 cells are deleted; it will also help identify positions to the code.)

bed time here

Last edited:
oh... you can name them 11 to 43 R for the top ones and 11 to 43 L for the bottom ones.

Have a play.

See what happens:

• if the user tries to paste to a cell other than the top cell of a position on the LoadPlan sheet
  • if ctrl+m is pressed when on the wrong sheet
  • if, having pasted with ctrl+m into a position the user changes his mind and goes back to the load plan and presses ctrl+m again in a different position (there'll be more than one place this uld has been placed into)
  • if the user deletes something on the loadplan
  • if a uld on the LoadPlan sheet is changed or added manually and isn't present on the ULD sheet

Attachments

• ExcelGuru3386Sample cond form.xlsm
    373.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Hello there Pascal,

thanks for the reply and the sample and sorry for this late reply... I wanted to take some time off to spend with my child...

Ok back to business now... I have tested your sample and I like it... I think I am going to play with it a bit and see what it does...

I will be back here tomorrow around 17:00 UTC

Back