Sum if, countifs and count if issues

thedeadzeds

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Hi Guys,

I have posted this on another forum but the formulas posted back dont seem to work. I'm hoping someone here can help

I have the following 3 IF STATEMENTS which work fine. Currently they count data based on a one date in cell E5 in the Menu tab. I want all 3 of these to calculate the data between 2 dates (the second date will be E6 on the Menu tab. Is this possible?

Many thanks

=SUMIF('Total Logged'!Q:Q,"="&Menu!E5,'Total Logged'!A:A)

=COUNTIFS('Total Logged'!Q:Q,"="&Menu!E5,'Total Logged'!I:I, "PPI Mis-sale Allegation (PPI Mis-sale Allegation)")

=SUMIFS('Total Logged'!A:A, 'Total Logged'!Q:Q,">="&Menu!E5,'Total Logged'!I:I,"PPI Mis-sale Allegation (PPI Mis-sale Allegation)")

Can you post the link to the other forum so that we may see what was suggested and/or what did not work?

My guess... for example the first SUMIF will now be:

=SUMIFS('Total Logged'!A:A,'Total Logged'!Q:Q,">="&Menu!E5,'Total Logged'!Q:Q,"<="&Menu!E6)

and similarly for the other 2 formulas, you would adjust and replace the current Q:Q conditions to include the red part above.

Hi, Thanks for that but unfortunately that is bringing up an error message. I have uploaded the file so hopefully this makes it easier. I;m trying to get the formulas in cells E10, E12 AND E14 to calculated based on the dates in cells E5 AND E6. Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• Total Loggedv3 UPLOAD.xlsm
    54.3 KB · Views: 10
I don't get any errors....

In E10:

=SUMIFS('Total Logged'!A:A,'Total Logged'!Q:Q,">="&Summary!E5,'Total Logged'!Q:Q,"<="&Summary!E6)

in E12:

=SUMIFS('Total Logged'!A:A,'Total Logged'!Q:Q,">="&Summary!E5,'Total Logged'!Q:Q,"<="&Summary!E6,'Total Logged'!I:I,"PPI Mis-sale Allegation (PPI Mis-sale Allegation)")

in E14:

=SUMIFS('Total Logged'!A:A,'Total Logged'!Q:Q,">="&Summary!E5,'Total Logged'!Q:Q,"<="&Summary!E6,'Total Logged'!I:I,"<>PPI Mis-sale Allegation (PPI Mis-sale Allegation)")

P.S. Please post links to other sites you've posted at.

Attachments

• Total Loggedv3 UPLOAD.xlsm
    52.8 KB · Views: 12
Back