Thread: Sum if, countifs and count if issues

Sum if, countifs and count if issues

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hi Guys,

I have posted this on another forum but the formulas posted back dont seem to work. I'm hoping someone here can help

I have the following 3 IF STATEMENTS which work fine. Currently they count data based on a one date in cell E5 in the Menu tab. I want all 3 of these to calculate the data between 2 dates (the second date will be E6 on the Menu tab. Is this possible?

Many thanks

=SUMIF('Total Logged'!Q:Q,"="&Menu!E5,'Total Logged'!A:A)

=COUNTIFS('Total Logged'!Q:Q,"="&Menu!E5,'Total Logged'!I:I, "PPI Mis-sale Allegation (PPI Mis-sale Allegation)")

=SUMIFS('Total Logged'!A:A, 'Total Logged'!Q:Q,">="&Menu!E5,'Total Logged'!I:I,"PPI Mis-sale Allegation (PPI Mis-sale Allegation)")

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2016
    Can you post the link to the other forum so that we may see what was suggested and/or what did not work?

My guess... for example the first SUMIF will now be:

=SUMIFS('Total Logged'!A:A,'Total Logged'!Q:Q,">="&Menu!E5,'Total Logged'!Q:Q,"<="&Menu!E6)

and similarly for the other 2 formulas, you would adjust and replace the current Q:Q conditions to include the red part above.

Hi, Thanks for that but unfortunately that is bringing up an error message. I have uploaded the file so hopefully this makes it easier. I;m trying to get the formulas in cells E10, E12 AND E14 to calculated based on the dates in cells E5 AND E6. Many thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2016
    I don't get any errors....

In E10:

=SUMIFS('Total Logged'!A:A,'Total Logged'!Q:Q,">="&Summary!E5,'Total Logged'!Q:Q,"<="&Summary!E6)

in E12:

=SUMIFS('Total Logged'!A:A,'Total Logged'!Q:Q,">="&Summary!E5,'Total Logged'!Q:Q,"<="&Summary!E6,'Total Logged'!I:I,"PPI Mis-sale Allegation (PPI Mis-sale Allegation)")

in E14:

=SUMIFS('Total Logged'!A:A,'Total Logged'!Q:Q,">="&Summary!E5,'Total Logged'!Q:Q,"<="&Summary!E6,'Total Logged'!I:I,"<>PPI Mis-sale Allegation (PPI Mis-sale Allegation)")

P.S. Please post links to other sites you've posted at.
    Attached Files Attached Files