Formulas disappear/Change when parameter changes

hmjjohnson

Reaction score
I made this post on another forum but havent gotten anywhere but I cant link it:

We have an excel query that runs off of a parameter. There are formulas in cells that work off of this refreshable data. When the parameter is cleared data and formulas on the sheet disappear. Which is what we want. When a new parameter is entered, the formulas change. For example our data starts on row 8. If the previous data set ended on row 10. We clear the parameter and put a new parameter in, the formulas on row 8 which should look for data on the same row will look for data on row 10. They then copy down right looking at 11, 12 etc but they are not looking at the right data.

I have made a youtube video to illustrate this
v=gmHKmTJvyQI

Hello James
I tried watching your video but there was no sound, so it isnt much help. I think that you will need to illustrate the problem by posting an example of the spreadsheet, after you have added enough posts to allow an attachment. I think its 5 or 6 but it may have changed.

Hercules

I tried to attach files on the other site excel forum .com but I was limited to the size of the file to upload. The workbook is 2900 KB. When I strip the data down all it does is make the main sheet, the one I am having issues with, say REF which is expected but doesn't help anyone. Any other way I could get help on this file?

Thanks

Its difficult to advise you without seeing the problem. Ideally we would need to see an example of the anomaly, and normally if theres someone with a reasonable uderstanding of the workbook(s) as a whole this can be acheived by removing all the duplicate data.
Concentrating on documenting a single example will then result in a much smaller dataset.
If you haven't got such a person, or the nature of the workbook(s) are such that they are too complex for you to do this, then you may have to have it looked at by a professional.

Back