VBA Assistance-UserForm

randonneur

Reaction score
I’m using the following code in a User Form to copy values to set a cell range based on the location. I would like to adjust the code to copy the value to different cells based on the date listed in my date box and the location selected from my combo box.

Ex: If the region Texas was chosen from my combo list and the date said 9/15/11 in the date box, it would copy the value from F120 to B131
If the region Texas was chosen from my combo list and the date said 10/1/11 in the date box, it would copy the value from F120 to B132.
This process would repeat all the way down to row B148. The dates used are the 1st and 15th of each month through May 2012.
I would also need the code to follow the same example above for the other locations listed. The only difference is the cell range.
Ex: Connecticut would be my next range and would need to copy from F121 to E131 thru E148.
Once I have an understanding of how the code is written for two dates and their locations , I can go back and duplicate the code for the remaining locations.
Code:
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Option Explicit[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Private Sub cmdCopyValue_Click()[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]   If cboLocation.ListIndex <> -1 Then[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]       Worksheets("Monthly Data").Range("F" & cboLocation.ListIndex + 120).Copy Worksheets("Monthly Data").Range("B" & cboLocation.ListIndex + 130)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]       Worksheets("Monthly Data").Range("B" & cboLocation.ListIndex + 130).Value = Worksheets("Monthly Data").Range("B" & cboLocation.ListIndex + 130).Value[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]   End If[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]End Sub[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Private Sub DTPicker1_Click()[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]   Me.TextBox1.Value = DTPicker1.Value[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Private Sub UserForm_Click()[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]   cboLocation.List = Worksheets("Monthly Data").Range("A2:A8").Value[/FONT][/SIZE]

Thanks
Allen

Hi Allen, and welcome to the forum.

Sorry for the late reply here, are you still in need of help? I'm not sure I totally follow the logic that you're after here... any way you could upload a sample workbook with some data to work with?

Ken,

Thank you for responding. Yes, I am still in need of assistance. I will post a sample workbook sometime tomorrow.

Regards,

Allen

Ken,

I have some things going on the next few days and will not be able to post anything until Monday. Sorry for the delay.

Thank you

Allen

Ken,

I attached a word document and two excel files to this post. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you

Allen

Attachments

• UserForm Assistance.docx
    14.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Copy of Userform.xlsm
    25.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Copy of Sample Data.xlsm
    34.8 KB · Views: 54
randonneur said:
Is there an alternative to using the Microsoft Date andTime Picker to show the calendar. For some reason, I receive an error messageon one of my machines that running Excel 2010, stating it cannot load theobject. I searched Google and they state this has to do with an ocx file thatis not registering.
There's a few... you could roll your own, import someone else's, or just avoid it all together.

I just used your code and built off that, didn't try to clean it up or improve it, but I think you'll find this works for your purposes. I just used text to hold the dates and convert it back into date format as necessary.

This code could use some serious cleanup. I just wanted to knock it out quick for you tonight.

Attachments

• xlgf369-1.xlsm
    26.8 KB · Views: 64
Thanks Ken. I will test it out and work on cleaning up the code.

Allen

Back