Help with lookup values and tables.

b.yoxall

Reaction score
Hi all,

All help is appreciated.

Currrently Column R contains a Y or N.
Column S is a drop down selection from another tab
Column T is the target of this question.

What I want to achieve is the following:

If R contains a Y, check S, S will contain a value from tab 3 range B2 through B13, then enter the value from tab 3 column G on the same row and the drop down selection is S.

I hope I have explained this correctly!

Ben

Do you mean?

=IF(R2="Y",VLOOKUP(S2,'Tab 3'!$B$2:$G$13,6,FALSE),"")

change Tab 3 to actual name of tab 3.

Hi, Can you explain what each part of the formula is doing so I can work it out in my head, I have changes the tab and put in into the document and it does not work, but because i do not understand the working out Im not sure what to change?

It does work, I worked out what it all means and had to change the target cell.

Many thanks

Along the same lines as the above...

I now have data spread across 6 tabs, I want to take all of that data and pit in in one place on tab 2 as a summary to save having to go through every tab. Any assistance with this one?

Ben

Easiest way would be to copy and paste each into tab 2 to make one long list.

Hi, Its not that easy.

The formulae above is to work out costs if a set parameter is true, so the costs appear only on those rows where the parameter is met. I have 6 tabs where this occurs. What I now need is for the rows where the there is data to be moved to a new tab to summarise, if I just map the cells then there would be lots of blank rows in between the data and this would not work. I need a way to say, look here (Tab 3 Cells R4:U300), if there is data present move to tab 2 next free cell after D4, then look here (Tab 4 cells R4:U300), if there is data present move to tab 2 next free cell after D4. Repeat until all relevant tabs are covered.

Ben

That'll probably require VBA code. I'll pass it to someone willing to take that up.

Back