Know Nothing

Noxqus

Reaction score
I am a racer and some years ago I had a person in Australia connect to my laptop in my car trailer and create an excel program for me that would do searches on
information put in a three cell box and high light that information in cells it found on the sheet. Well it works fine in the cells that the person set it up with but doesn't work in the cells I have added.
This person who created the sheet has disappeared and I who knows nothing of excel other then to enter data would not now how to fix it. So who would like to look at it and help a know nothing out?

Even this forum is to hard to figure out. I would attach the sheet here but can't find a way to do it.

Attached Sheet

Thanks p45cal not very good at this stuff.

Attachments

• noxqus car.xls
    31 KB · Views: 13
In the attached I have extended the conditional formatting to row 48.

Attachments

• excelguru3328noxqus car.xls
    44.5 KB · Views: 13
Extend conditional formatting? I don't know what that means. If you could explain a little maybe I can learn how to do that as this list is going to grow quite a lot. Don't want to keep coming here and bother you guys every time I ad more lines. I tried to open it but couldn't so downloaded it got it to open.
Thought you might want to see the car. I really appreciate your taking the time out of your, I'm sure busy schedule to help me.

Attachments

• Pics 003.jpg
    Pics 003.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 15
On your original file, if you press F5 on the keyboard, click the Special… button, choose Conditional formats, and further choose All if it's not already chosen, then click OK, you will see that it has selected some cells on your sheet, namely C5:F17, C48:F48, A48 and A5:A17. You have two conditional formats, one for column A and one for columns C:F.

To keep thing simple, you need to copy the formatting in A5 to the cell below, and the formatting in cells C5:F5 to the cells below.
Here's how:
1. Select cell A5
2. on the keyboard pres Ctrl+C (or through the menus Edit|Copy)
3. select cells A6 to A48
4. through the menus: Edit|Paste Special… choose Formats, click OK.

Now it's similar for the rest:
1. Select cells C5:F5
2. on the keyboard pres Ctrl+C
3. Select cells C6:F48
4. through the menus: Edit|Paste Special… choose Formats, click OK.

You can now check that the conditional formatting has been copied successfully by again pressing F5 on the keyboard, click the Special… button, choose Conditional formats, and further choose All if it's not already chosen, then click OK

(The formula for the 2 conditional formats are in cells X5 and Z5 but I think they've only been put there for storage/development by the person who added the conditional formats; they're not needed.)

Thank you so much for the help. I will make a copy of the sheet and practice on it to make sure I don't muck it up. Thanks again.

Back