Index Match Problem

jadams57

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I need some help in creating a formula that will pull a stock price from a data table when I select a company and a date. The formula I am using right is not working and I don't quite know why.

Attached is what I'm working with. and the formula that is currently being used is
=IFERROR(INDEX(DATA!B5:S65,MATCH(LookupSheet!C2,Company,0),MATCH(LookupSheet!C3,Date,0)),"Select Variables")

Also I need to be able to return the cell above the original cell in a separate equation. I'm pulling these stock prices to put into an equation that will need a beginning stock price and an end one.

Let me know what you guys think and if you could give me some tips that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• Updated_Stock Price.xlsx
    21.1 KB · Views: 13
Good evening,

Please see the attached file. I didn't check the formula, but my guess is that the array for the match functions didn't run the full array of the index. As for recalling the cell above the answer, you can use the same formula, but subtract 1 from the row piece of the index function and it will recall the cell above.

Hope this helps,

Attachments

• Updated_Stock Price_Example.xlsx
    21.6 KB · Views: 16
Back