Selecting Worksheets within a Workbook

Leah

Reaction score
I am currently using Excel 2007 in a Windows 7 environment on a HP Compaq 6535b laptop. Since switching to Windows 7, any excel workbook that has multiple worksheets that don't appear on screen, I lose functionality of the side arrows on the bottom left of the screen to scroll to the various worksheets. I have to click on the current worksheet, worksheet tabs visible on screen, the arrows and various things many times before it knows I want to scroll, many times upto 15 to 20 times. This get very frustrating when most of my workbooks have many tabs. I can't even right click on the arrows to get the menu for worksheets to pick from. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

That sounds very odd, and I'm trying to visualize the issue here... If the workbook is maximized on your screen, and it just doesn't seem to be accepting mouse clicks, I guess I'd wonder two things:
  • Is the mouse actually registering the clicks to Excel? (Can you test with a different mouse?)
  • Is it time to run Detect and Repair on the office installation. To do this, go into Control Panel-->Programs and Features-->Microsoft Office 2007 and click "Change". Choose Repair and let it run.

Office button - options - advanced

Scroll down to "Display options for this workbook..."

Check the box "Show sheet tabs", hit OK

Jesse

I've tried both of these but no luck. Any other suggestions?

if you hit ctrl+pagedown does it move you through the worksheets? Also, could they be saved in a funny format? i know my bank downloads save as web pages...

Yes, I am able to do that. Thanks. It will help me to get from one worksheet to another without have to click with my mouse 20 times to get even the first one selected. There are many workbooks that have numerous worksheets and this problem happens in all of them. None of them are saved in funny formats. This only started when I switched to Windows 7. Same excel version. If there is some other setting I have to change to be able to use my mouse, please advise.

Back