Thread: Prices of fruit via types (i.e. apple/orange) and dates (i.e. year/quarter)

Smile Prices of fruit via types (i.e. apple/orange) and dates (i.e. year/quarter)

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hello,

I am looking to draw data (i.e. price of fruits) from one tab to another tab based on dates (by year or by quarter) and criteria (i.e. types of fruit).

The complication arises because the data will expand as the dates progress. For example, the prices will be updated until 2014. Therefore, I suppose there's a need to use dynamic ranging (via OFFSET(COUNTA())?).

Can you look into this in the attached spreadsheet.

Thank you.
    Fruits.xlsx

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2016
    See attached.

First, I would change column B in the Year tab, to just show the YEAR.

Then make a dynamic range called YearData with formula: =OFFSET(Year!$B$4,0,0,COUNTA(Year!$B:$B)+1,7)

and make a dynamic range called QuarterData with formula: =OFFSET(Quarter!$B$4,0,0,COUNTA(Quarter!$B:$B)+1,7)

Now formula in Sheet 1, B6 is: =INDEX(YearData,MATCH(B$5,INDEX(YearData,0,1),0),MATCH($A6,INDEX(YearData,1,0),0)) copied down and to column D

Formula in Sheet 1, E6 is: =INDEX(QuarterData,MATCH(E$5,INDEX(QuarterData,0,1),0),MATCH($A6,INDEX(QuarterData,1,0),0)) copied down and across to end.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks NBVC for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by NBVC View Post
    See attached.

First, I would change column B in the Year tab, to just show the YEAR.

Then make a dynamic range called YearData with formula: =OFFSET(Year!$B$4,0,0,COUNTA(Year!$B:$B)+1,7)

and make a dynamic range called QuarterData with formula: =OFFSET(Quarter!$B$4,0,0,COUNTA(Quarter!$B:$B)+1,7)

Now formula in Sheet 1, B6 is: =INDEX(YearData,MATCH(B$5,INDEX(YearData,0,1),0),MATCH($A6,INDEX(YearData,1,0),0)) copied down and to column D

Formula in Sheet 1, E6 is: =INDEX(QuarterData,MATCH(E$5,INDEX(QuarterData,0,1),0),MATCH($A6,INDEX(QuarterData,1,0),0)) copied down and across to end.

Articles
    Excel Version
    2010 on Xubuntu
    Multiple cross poster http://www.excelforum.com/excel-gene...ml#post3746825 ( and others)

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2016
    sampahmel,

Please read this article to find out why you have been called out for cross posting: http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184