Thread: Need a very simple profit / loss spread sheet to keep track of antiques

Question Need a very simple profit / loss spread sheet to keep track of antiques

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hi, I am in search of a what I think would be a very simple spread sheet to keep track of antiques that are bought and sold. I would need it to consist of:

-Date of purchase
    -Description of item
    -Cost of item
    -Date of sale
    -Sold for cost

I would like this to automatically calculate monthly & yearly profit/loss and allow easy addition of newly purchased items. I have never used excel before so I am not sure how to go about this but I can not seem to find a template like this anywhere. Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Hello,

Please see the attached file. I think this will work for what you've described. I would hide the columns in red, but I left them open so you could follow my logic.

Hope this helps,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks so much bgoree09! How would I go about seeing the current monthly and yearly totals?

Hello again,

In the current set up, the "P/L" number is the current month and the "YTD P/L" is the running total. Once you start using it (or populate it with current data), every month on the Report tab will have it's current amount with a YTD figure to the immediate right.

Best of luck,

OK, I got it! Thanks again you've been very helpful!