How to copy data from one sheet to another

Janett

Reaction score
Hi
I have a work book which has workers contracted hours and hours they work for the current week. In this work book I have sheets for every week. For example week one, week two etc.. with the same information. On each sheet I have two columns for "total hours for this week" and another column for " total hours for last week. I want to keep doing this for every week with a new sheet. And now I want to copy figures from "week one" to "week two". Hours for this week has to be the same figure on next sheets hours for last week. I hope you can understand this. At the moment I copy cells from one sheet to another one by one. (='week1'!C2) So for next week this has to be ='week2'!C2. But there must be a easy way to do this. Can some one please guide me. example copy of a file is attached for easy reference

Thanks Gurus.

Attachments

• contract hours.xlsx
    9.5 KB · Views: 9
Hi Janett
I've passed by a similar situation that requires a lot of repeated manual steps and I solved it by recording steps I am doing by using keyboards and recording steps using macro.
For example make the 1st week sheet the way you want and then do the macro.
I can make the marco for you but I am afraid it will not work for you because I do not know the right cell for you, if you may post the exact place for the cell i can make it for you.

Thanks MGadAllah

Could you please explain to me step by step how to make it with macro. I can probably try it. What if I need to delete one or couple of rows after we done it with macro. Will it affect to the data?

Thanks again
Janett

Thanks MGadAllah

Could you please explain to me step by step how to make it with macro. I can probably try it. What if I need to delete one or couple of rows after we done it with macro. Will it affect to the data?

Thanks again
Janett

Ok, no problem to do s but will it be the same place as the worksheet attached above? or you need to attach the right one?

Back