Thread: is it possible and if it is how :S

is it possible and if it is how :S

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hi everyone,

I am a sports coach, which is trying to implement the excel spreadsheet as part of the athlete evaluation process. Since there are few tests which are depended on different anthropocentric data I would like to know if it is possible/how it is possible to create in one cell formula which would be able to check what value is in one cell and than choose appropriate formula for execution.

Example:
    Athlete A = 1.97 m tall (A1)
    Athlete B = 1.85 m tall (A1)

Optimal results are created on given table where athletes from 1.90 to 2.0 height have different requirements than athletes from 1.80 to 1.90 m. I would like to describe in third cell (evaluation of data) that if there are athletes on the first given range use the formula A1*2.5 or if they are 1.85 they would have A1*3.0.

Thanks for your help

Animuslo

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2016
    Do you mean?

=A1*IF(A1>=1.9,2.5,4)

Quote Originally Posted by NBVC View Post
    Do you mean?

=A1*IF(A1>=1.9,2.5,4)
    Athlete No Height Optimal score
    1 1.97 ??????
    2 1.80 ?????
    3 1.82 ?????

There are two different type of regressions to be used given the height. If athlete is 1.97 tall he would need to have optimal score calculated with =33.34 + 3.4 * Height-10- And for athletes height range 1.80 to 1.89 would be formula =20.34+3.4 * Height. Is is possible to put in the formula under optimal score column which would be choosing either first regression or second regression based on the value in the height column?

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2016
    It would be a similar formula, I think.

=3.4*A1+IF(A1>=1.97,33.34,20.34)

Note: Not sure what the -10- means and if it is supposed to be part of any logic in the formula....