Old Excel problem by 2010 spreadsheets

H

holo man

When-ever I open my files in Excel 2010, (compatibility pack also installed) it informs that the file is in processing when I attempt to save. Then Excel suggests to save the file in a other location

Other peoples do not have this problem and I have see some computers with the same-problem.

Any comments?....

Are you saving in an xls format, or xlsx? (Shouldn't make a difference, I'm just curious.)

Usually I don't get prompted to save in another location unless the file has been marked read only for some reason. This can happen when:
  • The file has the read only attribute set in Windows (right click the file --> properties)
  • Someone else has opened the file before you (you should get a read only prompt when you open the file. Having the other user exit is not sufficient, you must get everyone out, then open the file first to get exclusive access.)
  • A temp version of the file has been left over in the file system and windows thinks a lock is still in evidence
  • Your network connection has disconnected and Windows doesn't realize that it has reconnected
What actions do you take to trigger the issue? Knowing those might help us diagnose the problem.

Back