finding single top score of different people in a table

daniel

Reaction score
Dear Excel Guru's,

I once more seek your wisdom! I am having trouble finding the answer to my question on the excelguru forum, so I would like to apologize if there is already an answer to be found somewhere.

Please have a look at the attachment: it is a table with two columns: Name and Time. Name contains several similar names (Paul, John, etc..) and in the next column is the number of seconds they took to perform a task. What I want to have is for each name their best time filtered out and the other values hidden. Note that for each person are several times but not in an equal amount.

I hope my question is clear and I'm looking forward to your answer! Thanks for the help in advance :)

Attachments

• Mappe1.xlsx
    9 KB · Views: 8
Use conditional formatting on column B3:B24 with a formula of =B3<>MAX(IF($A$3:$A$24=A3,$B$3:$B$24)) and set the font colour to light gray.

Use conditional formatting on column B3:B24 with a formula of =B3<>MAX(IF($A$3:$A$24=A3,$B$3:$B$24)) and set the font colour to light gray.

Thank you for the quick response! I know how to add a formula with conditional formatting, but I cannot get it too work with the formula that you provided. Maybe it has something to do with my excel being German, however I replaced the terms with the German ones (max=max if=wenn). I don't know where I am going wrong with this one!

Do you need to use a semi-colon (;) in the formula rather than the comma that I use (,)?

Back