Thread: selecting multiple criteria returning headers

selecting multiple criteria returning headers

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hello Guru's

From the example spreadsheet attached, I have tried using index and match, if statements, but to no avail, or maybe im missing something, but what im hoping to create is from the attached I havent included drop down menus, but I wanted to return the heading "contract term 1 etc.... if specific criteria were met from the drop down menu's.

Can anyone help please......

Many thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

And with what criteria? not clear with you desired results

Hi, thanks for your reply, I'm trying to return the headers when the user selects a painter from a drop down box, but if the data is blank then it will return a blank result, e.g. user selects painter 2 this will return all the column headers for painter 2.

Thanks

Maybe this help, please see the file

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply, it works like a treat, you are awesome, however, if i wanted to return the data rather than the column header, but use the drop down box and the column headers as the lookups, would I just use a standard index and match function even if there are blanks using the spreadsheet you have attached?

Thanks

Deleted Post
    Last edited by Rizky; 2014-05-02 at 02:22 AM.

Yep done, I think you cant' use regular INDEX and MATCH, specially you have merged cell as criteria, thats painful for formula you know... please see attach file

Regards
    Rizky