Ploting XY co-ordinates

asheshrocky

Reaction score
Hi All,

I need to plot the XY co-ordinates using data in sheet1 and plot them in sheet2 using macros.
Code:
X     Y
5     5 
6     4
7     3
8     7
3     1
5     3
9     6
7     12
want to mark the X and Y axis according to the MAX value in each axis starting from ZERO and then plot the corresponding value...

So in this case the X-AXIS start from 0-9 and Y-AXIS from 0-12.

Any idea how to achieve this using macro.The chart can be of any type.Later i need to draw wafermap using this.

Thanx

Hi there, and welcome to the forum!

Here's what I would do... build your chart manually. Once you're comfortable with the steps to get what you want, then turn on the macro recorder and do it again. Once you have, then post the code here and we'll help you make it dynamic and more efficient.

Plotting XY co-ordinates

Hi Ken,

Here is what i am looking.

I have a excel sheet with three Columns.X value,Y value and third columns called BIN.
I shall show u a sample values as below.
Code:
X     Y    BIN
4     3      1
7     5      4
8     2      3
7     1      1
3     5      6
2     6      4
1     3      9

When i tried to plot graph manually by recording Macro here is what i get.
Code:
Sub Plot()
    Range("B3:C10").Select
    ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddChart.Select
    ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Range("'Sheet1'!$B$3:$C$10")
    ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatter
End Sub

But actually is it possible to plot the points in a EXCEL sheet rather than on a chart.
I have attached a .xls file.That looks similar to what i want to achieve.Its called the wafer Map.

Its just plotting the X and Y points with corresponding BIN number recorded in that point.And as the Range of X and Y axis varies each file its better to have it dynamic as per MAX value of X and Y axis.

I hope u can understand once u have a look into this Excel file.

Thanx

View attachment sample_wafer.xls

I expect the rules are same accros all Excel forums.I have provided the link of the pages where i have cross posted the question.
But i am still haven't got a reply i am expecting.

Hi aseshrocky,

I apoligize for not getting back to you. To be fair though, it took you two days to reply to my request for more info, which you gave on a Sunday. This is a volunteer forum, and I wasn't on as it was a long weekend in my home town.

I'm glad you got your answer at Ozgrid, and thank you for posting the link to excelforum. You're welcome to come back again, and hopefully we can do better with timing.

Hi Ken,

I will be back soon with more questions....am sorry for the time schedule.
I know u guys are doing a great work by helping freshers like us.....keep the work going.

Thanx

Back