Charts and functions excel 2010

Ritz

Reaction score
Hi, I am really frustrated using excel 2010. The older version no problem knew it inside out,

Can someone help me with the following.

1. When using the graph if I want to repeat an action .so when I change a line I want the other lines to change, I used to do this using the F4 key . any thoughts ?

2. Source data - an old function in excel. I have a graph but want to copy this and use the data below, I am using several variables - eg. Total, target, Eng so i am unable to copy and drag the data down to the next row. HELP ? this will save a lot of time.

3. I have an age group that i would like to use. eg. 5-9 If I type this in the legend entry and use '5-9 the Apostrophe appears in the graph else it will appear as a date ?

4. The title - any way to move this horizontally so everything fits on one line, at mo i reduce the text.

prob basic stuff but I want to do it quicker rather than wasting time.
Help please
thanks

1. F4 works for me

2. Don 't understand

3. Doesn't show the apostrophe for me

4. Not sure what you mean here, it is single line for me unless the chart isn't wide enough.

2. By source data I mean in the old version you right click on the graph and select source data.

3. If I type the apostrophe in the select data section it will not work -

1. F4 works for me

2. Don 't understand

3. Doesn't show the apostrophe for me

4. Not sure what you mean here, it is single line for me unless the chart isn't wide enough.

when dealing with chart titles and such (basically text areas), I find it very useful to actually type the title in another cell somewhere in the chart tab, then put that cell as the referance for the title. You actually have to click on the title, then click inside the formula bar and put the =(cell location). This makes the title extend as needed, but also makes it able to use a calculation inside the title (such as concatenate formula and text together). Very useful tool...

Back