Form email info inserts to spreedsheet as text only not an email link. Why?

Kpm51

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I am posting with regards t userforms and inserting data into worksheets.

Code:
 Cells(2,9)= AccEmailAddress.Text

Inserts the email address that my user puts into his/her form into my worksheet beautifully however the information inserted does not auto hyperlink as an email link or url.

How can I or what am I missing to make the inserted information a live email when it is inserted?

I have been trying to work this out for days so any assistance would be greatly appreciated Folks

Cheers
Kpm51

Hi Charles,
thank you for your response.

In deed typing it in manually makes it automatically hyperlink in my worksheet. But I don't want to double do it and I don't understand why when my form deploys the email addy into my worksheet it doesn't auto hyperlink. I realy need an auto solution to this issue code. If any one can suggest what code I might need or how to format my form so that it outputs the live url it would be appreciated :)

Hi,

If you are using a "Userform" the the user has to populate the form with the Email address.
You would populate the Cell as thus... Cells(1,2).value = userform1.txtEmail.("txtEmail" assumes you named the textbox as so")
It should I believe "Hyperlink"

Charles

That is issue Charles no matter what I try the form entries do not auto hyperlink...Im hoping someone can tell us why not and might know a solution to this issue.

Cheers
Kirk

Just bumping this as the answer is required sooner rather than later..is it too early to try another forum and who would you guys recommend.

Thanks in advance

Kirk

Hi,
See if this bit of code helps.
Code:
ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Cells(2, 3), Address:="", SubAddress:= _
    UserForm1.TextBox1.Value, TextToDisplay:="" & UserForm1.TextBox1.Value

Hi Charles this is moving in the right direction but it hyperlinks the value as url not an email

This I what I put in my form code

Code:
    ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Cells(10, 2), Address:="", SubAddress:= _
    UserForm1.AccEmailAddress.Value, TextToDisplay:="" & UserForm1.AccEmailAddress.Value

It displays like an email but the now live hyperlink points to the worksheet address.

Any ideas. Thank you kindly Charles for your assistance with his thus far

Regards
Kirk

Hi,

When I tested this it pulled up "Windows Live" email. Hope this works for you.
Code:
ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Cells(4, 4), Address:="mailto:" & UserForm1.TextBox1.Value, TextToDisplay:="" & UserForm1.TextBox1.Value

Back